Sunday, April 10, 2005

Petaling street



The only reason why I wanted to go to Petaling street was because of the fact that it was rated second among 'Things to do' on the Yahoo travel website (right after petronas towers)..Having nothing else to do today, I figured I will check out the place..It took about 20 mins to reach the place from my hotel..The cab driver seemed to be honest as he didn't really ask me for an outrageous amount..(I guess i looked like any other Indian guy settled in Malaysia)..

Petaling street is known for its shops selling knock off clothing, watches etc...Its actually not too different from the Fashion street in Mumbai..There were quite a few shops selling all kinds of stuff..and a lot of foreigh tourists checking out the latest european branded clothing..I just walked around the street for a while, bought a couple of souveniers and left the place. I decided to walk around the street and see if there is anything of interest..As I walked by, I could notice that there are a lot of indians living there and really I did not get any strange glances (as I am so used to in Korea) from the malaysians..I walked through the chinatown area and after a little while found the monorail station..Since I've never really taken the monrail in KL, I thought I'd give it a try..I was in jalan Bukit Bintang in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home