Sunday, February 13, 2005

Arrive in Bangkok

Thailand was always in my list of places to see especially having heard so many stories about the beautiful beaches, amazing buddhist temples and the infamous nightlife. The leonardo di caprio movie 'Beach' only intensified this urge even more. I particulary liked the movie for its beautiful potrayal of Phi Phi islands in Phuket. Its unfortunate, however, that the very same islands depicted as paradise in the movie were devastated by last year's tsunami. I promptly accepted when asked about the possibility of going there on a three week stint..What more could i ask for? I get to go to one of the places I always wanted to visit and also get paid for it!!!

I reached Bangkok by 11:00 in the night and the minute i stepped out of the flight, I knew i would be at home!!! The air was hot and humid andit felt like i just reached mumbai airport..There were quite a few taxi drivers waiting outside the airport eager to pick up arrving travellers..Since I was arriving so late, I had asked the hotel staff to pick me up from airport (I've had a few reallyy bad experiences in mumbai, so thoughtbetter to be safe than sorry!!!). I looked around for the driver that was supposed to pick me up but he was nowhere to be seen..I walked back and forththe arrival area a couple of times not knowing what to do..and finally i saw a guy holding a card with a name that vaguely resembled mine..I wondered if it was possible to mess up my name any further..It took us around 45 mins to reach the hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home