Monday, February 14, 2005

My first work day

Our workplace is in a town called 'Ayuthaya' which is about 80 km from Bangkok. Since it is so far and is hard for us to get there on a taxi, a seperate van was arranged for all us to get there and back to hotel. Today, it took us almost an hour to reach the office. On the way I noticed that everything here looks so familiar..the traffic, the heat, the fruit sellers, the shops, the paddy fields in the outskirts of the city everything reminds me of home..only a lot cleaner!!One of the things that definitely came to my mind is the weather back in minneapolis..It feels so nice to be in a 95 F weather when you are coming from a -25 F climate..I certainly did feel lucky to have escaped the nearly polar temperatures of that city (I guess I am stretching it a little bit here...:-)). Our lunch was in a local thai restaurant and was just the food that i was hoping to have in thailand..Spicy fried rice with just the right amount of chicken with cashew nuts!!!this is definitely food heaven!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home